Monday, May 14, 2007

Week 2 - Thing #2 7.5 Habits

Having advanced to the ripe age of 56 and having just completed my LMT credential, I'm comfortable saying that I'm a life-long learner. I've learned many things along the way... some through formal learning, some through informal and some just in the school of hard knocks.

I'd say the thing that comes easiest to me at this point is accepting responsibility for my own learning. That wouldn't have been true 30 years ago but it is now. When I realize I need information, I quickly search it out.

The hardest thing for me is beginning with the end in mind. I tend to be fairly unstructured, preferring to begin exploring to see where it takes me. It's definitely the long way around but it's certainly my natural style. I can be directed when I need to be but I have to make a conscious choice to do it.

4 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

What a fun avatar. You will learn lots along the way -- once you get going, be sure to check other members' blogs and cheer them on! Enjoy!

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Yes! You are now officially registered!

IrmaPince said...

Great start down the road. This is such a fun trip. I'm glad you've joined us.

bibliofan said...

Brava. My hat is off to you for completing your credential!