Monday, May 28, 2007

Week 3 - Thing 5

Well! Here I am creating my blog post in flickr. This has been a fun "assignment". I was able to go through the functions of the site and put together 2 sets of pictures. I also mapped one set of some pictures from a trip to Belize. I didn't explore too many of the mapped images but it seems like a great way for students to see photos of places they read about. I also liked learning about the tags since they're the key to finding things (or having your things found). This certainly has applications in library cataloging.

It took me a while to figure out how to post the Flickr photos to my blog. I discovered that one of the problems is that your photos don't show up until you've posted 5 public ones and the Overlords of Flickr have determined that you're ok to post. Once I figured that out and went ahead and posted 5, my photos showed up. I'm still not sure, though, that it wouldn't be easier to just upload the pictures from my hard drive. I'll need to experiment more to get a concept for how best to use the site.

All in all, a fun experience.

2 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

What a fun photo of masked students. Glad you enjoyed learning about Flickr.

IrmaPince said...

I'm not sure I'd want to post many pictures either, but it is a great way to find some useful pictures for projects due to the tagging.