Monday, May 26, 2008

Week 3, Thing 6

The 3rd party apps have changed a bit from last year. I'm still intrigued by the trading card app and thinking about how I might use it for book reviews or in the curriculum for my TA's. I also like the Name Badge idea since I'm collaborating with a teacher to create an orientation for TA's. I'd like to have them create their own name badge, killing two birds with one stone.

Last year after I stopped doing the tutorial, I created a book using Blurb to showcase my trip to China. It worked out great! I couldn't believe how professional-looking it was and how easy it was to create. Although the cost is fairly high, I can certainly see using this as a culmination of a class project on some visual topic... especially since you're able to combine text and photos. It might even be used as a fund-raising project. I'm amazed at the things that I see sell that I would never believe there would be any market for.

No comments: