Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Week 4, Thing 9

Well - in my wandering about looking at RSS feeds, I ran across Blog Pulse. I like this alot! It lends itself to doing searches when I'm trying to find opinions about various things. I looked for current information about the Amazon Kindle and was able to find various opinions about it.

I like Google Blog Search - probably because I'm familiar with the search format. The others seems more difficult to use with lots of information on the page. There seems to be a combination on them of blogs for RSS subscriptions along with news-type items. It all just feels like information overload to me.

Somehow with all this information available, I don't seem to have time to actually read things like books! I find myself with my laptop in my lap for most of my evenings... sometimes doing actual work and other times just getting lost in stuff. I'm not sure this is a good thing. Much as I like technology, I do think it's a double-edged sword.

1 comment:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Welcome back to School Library Learning. We encourage you to invite your colleagues to take the course with you so you can comment on one another's blog, have fun, and learn from one another.

We will watch for your posts and from time to time comment, too. We want you to complete the 23 things so know we are cheering you along! Best wishes.
- Jackie Siminitus
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager