Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Week 4, Thing 8

RSS. This is a tough one for me. Since I generally tend to look for information when I need it rather than keep track of various periodicals, I've not had much success using RSS feeds although I've tried them a couple of times. I just don't seem to make the time to look at them and read them. Maybe I just haven't found the right sites. I do keep up with CALIB and to some extent with LM_NET which seem somewhat similar. I guess I'm comfortable with email and its "in your face" nature.

I did click thru to some of the feeds with people writing blogs about various library 2.0 techniques that I found interesting but my general impression of blogs is that it's like reading someone else's diary - something I've rarely had any interest in doing.

I was interested to read one entry about the mobile internet and basically being an IP address as a human being. That makes sense to me as I'm still struggling with whether to pay what it costs to be more connected on an ongoing basis. It's hard for me though to justify the cost.

I'll keep at it, working to consider what piece of the RSS feeds would be of value to library services.

No comments: